- 225g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g butter, room temperature
- 110g light brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 35g cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 packets of 90g mini-eggs, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to180oC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in your microwave (careful not to burn or overheat it!). Add butter and sugars to a medium-size bowl and cream together. Add eggs, beating after each addition. Add vanilla. Pour in the melted chocolate and beat until well combined, scraping down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add to the chocolate batter and mix just until combined (don't over mix).
- Roughly chop the chocolate mini-eggs. Add them to the batter.
- Spoon the dough into large 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are barely set. Don't be tempted to over-bake them--they may look a little doughy, but they'll harden as they cool. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.