- 350g plain flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 125g granulated sugar
- 125b butter
- 125g golden syrup
- 1 large egg
- Put the flours and sugar into a bowl and mix.
- Rub in the butter until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Make a well and add in the syrup and the beaten egg until a ball has formed.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Roll out and cut (we cut into butterflies and flowers). Place on a greased baking tray
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for about 14 minutes.
- Leave to cool.