Later on the girls made Vienese Fingers:
100g unsalted butter, softened
25g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
100g plain flour
1/4tsp baking powder
100g milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Tip the butter and sugar into the bowl of a freestanding mixer and beat until pale and light. Add the vanilla extract and mix again. Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder into the bowl and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined
- Use a spoon to make circles onto the prepared baking tray. Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 10–15 minutes until pale golden
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack until completely cold
- Tip the milk chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt either in the microwave on a low setting or over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth
- Dip one end of the biscuit in the chocolate.