- 375g unsalted butter
- 300g dark muscovado sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 900g plain flour
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- G and P melted the butter, sugar and syrup together in a pan. Then they put the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger together into a large bowl and made a well in the centre. They poured in the melted butter mixture, stirred it in and, when cool enough to handle, kneaded it into a stiff dough.
- Then they put it in our Lakeland silicon mould and baked it for 10-12 minutes at 180oc.
- Then they left it cool and made royal icing (they used 1 packed of powered egg white whisked with 3 tablespoons warm water and when mixed in they added another 7 and whisked again). Then they added about 500g sugar (I added until it was stiff) and then I added a squeeze of lemon juice). G and P then decorated their house and then put it together.
Saturday, 31 January 2015
Hansel and Gretel gingerbread house
We read the story of Hansel and Gretel so G and P made a gingerbread house. We used Mary Berry's recipe for gingerbread.