Sunday 16 June 2019

30 days wild - Day 15 Fen Drayton Nature Reserve

Today whilst everyone else was out, I took myself out to the RSPB reserve at Fen Drayton. This former gravel quarry has been amazingly transformed by the RSPB into a thriving nature reserve with miles of beautiful walking trails. You can travel to Fen Drayton either by car, bike, on foot, or on the local guided busway because the reserve has its own stop. I drove and it was slightly tricky to find and slight;y scary as you have to drive over the guided busway and then keep going until you get to the car park.
The reserve itself it massive and I explored only a part of it! There were lots of birds - I saw lots of common turns, as well as other birds. I also found an area of lake dipping and bug hunting.




No comments:

Post a Comment