Saturday 6 August 2011

LolliBop - The Big Bash for Little People





 LolliBop was described as a 3-day non-camping festival aimed purely at under-10′s and their families held in Regents Park, London.  We went for P's birthday treat. The highlight for me was seeing Rastamouse perform - although Miss I was disappointed when she noticed Zoomer wasn't really playing his drums! The girls also enjoyed seeing the horrible history show, watching Charlie and Lola's bestest play (a mix-up of various stories which was slight confusing and there was a massive queue to get in to and people had helium balloons at eye height), doing lots of craft (making masks, bead bracelets, a puppet and a ballerina doll), dancing in the Itsy Bitsy Strictly tent, sliding down a massive slide and all the people wondering around including an inflatable lobster, a amazing remote control junk model horse and a very tall man blowing the biggest bubbles I have ever seen). The downsides where the queues FOR EVERYTHING and it was expensive! It could also have done with some more rides for the children and some bouncy castles. We didn't have time to do everything - the story telling area looked fab and we didn't go near the baby area.
Would I go again next year - I think I would rather sit quietly in a yurt field watching the girls run round! But I don't think I am festival material!

No comments:

Post a Comment